Sunday 22 May 2011

New bike... ie used but new for me :)

It was back to scouring Craigslist and the dealerships deciding what to buy. I decided to go with a lite, agile bike like a Ninja 250 but unfortunately that bike is a bit too cramped for me (I'm about 6ft tall and weigh 190 lbs). Also to be honest I don't like the way the Ninja looks and prefer the naked street-bike look. There isn't too much of a choice if you want a smaller engine and a full frame. Luckily I had an opportunity to also try a Hyosung GT250 (the naked version) and it proved to be just what I needed. Good looks, V-twin provides nice smooth power and the bike handles beautifully. It is simply a joy to ride. I don't really care it's only a 250. It has more than enough power for city riding and occational highway trips. As an added bonus the insurance for a bike in this class is cheap. Having ridden it for almost 3 seasons now I've had zero problems with this 2006 model.  Never have to use choke, even after winter storage.

PROS
  • full frame, good for taller riders
  • upright riding position lets you see properly in traffic
  • cheap insurance
  • new modern 250cc engine designed in Japan
  • handles very well, smooth power output
  • economical on gas

  • CONS

  • the finishing touches on these South Korean bikes are not as good as on the Japanese ones.


  • tags: "Hyosung GT250" "250cc beginner bike" "beginner motorcycle" "naked bike" "naked sportbike" "hyosung comet"

    No comments:

    Post a Comment