Saturday 14 May 2011

And then there was an old junker

Once I got my motorcycle license and sold my Honda Ruckus scooter (which proved exeeding easy btw) I was on a hunt for an older motorbike to commute to work on.
I was not too picky but I knew I wanted a fairly small displacement bike to practice on.
Eventually after a month or so I came across a Yamaha Maxim xs 400, a parallel twin 400cc bike. Price was ok and it seemed to be the right size for me so I figured why not?
Here is what a bike like that looks like...
IMAG0206

It was fun to upgrade and I enjoyed that bike a lot but I felt it was too loud,"chunky" and not as responsive as I would like so again I decided to change bikes after one season of riding it.

tags: "first motorbike" "first bike" "motorbike upgrade" "small displacement motorbikes"

No comments:

Post a Comment