Friday 15 April 2011

Chilly ride

Today was the coldest ride I have ever taken. It was 4C (39F) on my balcony but down on the ground it must have been cooler. There was frost everywhere on the grass and cars as I was rolling down the street. Sunny beautiful day but freaking cold. By the time I got to work 20 minutes later my fingers were tingling despite the double gloves I was wearing (with the outside ones being the thick leather riding type). The roads were damp but luckily there was no frost. Despite the cold, I'm glad I rode in this morning. The views of Vancouver's snow covered North Shore mountains bathed in the sunrise light were awesome. Always puts a smile on my face.
Ride safe,
CR

tags: moto motorcycle motorcycles "morning ride" commuting "chilly ride" "cold ride" "ride to work" "vancouver spring"

No comments:

Post a Comment